Murray says focusing on non-Grand Slams will help him to better realise goals
London: Brit tennis ace Andy Murray has said that setting short-term goals helps him play better tennis, adding apart from the Grand Slams, he will equally concentrate on the other tournaments too this year.
The US Open champion has never won a clay court tournament and is determined to mount a serious challenge at the French Open in May, but after losing the Australian Open final to Novak Djokovic, the world number three said he will no longer focus all his efforts on the Grand Slams, the.
The Scot now plans to train in Florida with coach Ivan Lendl before returning to action on the American hard courts in March, and Murray said 2013, now he is a Grand Slam champion, would be different.
Murray said his next goal is to try and play good tennis in Indian Wells and Miami, adding he realised in the last year or so that when he sets himself short-term goals, he tends to play better tennis.
Murray added that previously after every Slam, he would look way ahead to the next one and kind of take his eye off the ball with the other events, therefore, that’s the immediate goal for him and he will also think slightly less about the French Open.
The Olympic gold medallist said the French Open is a tournament where he is capable of doing well but for him it takes a lot of practice, a lot of hours on clay to get used to it.
Murray said winning the French Open is a goal for him, but he has to do well in the next few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’