Murray set for IPL-style tennis tournament
London: Under a new deal signed by his management company, World No.2 Andy Murray may soon play in an Indian Premier League (IPL)-style tennis tournament.
Murray`s company XIX Entertainment had recently announced the new partnership with Globosport, a company run by Indian doubles specialist Mahesh Bhupathi.
The US Open and Olympic champion said that he looked forward to the experience, adding that he believed that a mix of XIX`s founder Simon Fuller`s experience and Bhupathi`s understanding of the sport will create the perfect team for his off-court interests.
Murray further said that it will also allow him to continue to dedicate himself and focus on his goals on the court.
Bhupathi had revealed earlier this week that he is seeking to sign up the world`s top players to take part in a tennis tournament across Asia over three weeks at the end of the season.
Fuller recently agreed a major deal for his client David Beckham to become an ambassador of the Chinese Super League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan