Murray set for IPL-style tennis tournament
London: Under a new deal signed by his management company, World No.2 Andy Murray may soon play in an Indian Premier League (IPL)-style tennis tournament.
Murray`s company XIX Entertainment had recently announced the new partnership with Globosport, a company run by Indian doubles specialist Mahesh Bhupathi.
The US Open and Olympic champion said that he looked forward to the experience, adding that he believed that a mix of XIX`s founder Simon Fuller`s experience and Bhupathi`s understanding of the sport will create the perfect team for his off-court interests.
Murray further said that it will also allow him to continue to dedicate himself and focus on his goals on the court.
Bhupathi had revealed earlier this week that he is seeking to sign up the world`s top players to take part in a tennis tournament across Asia over three weeks at the end of the season.
Fuller recently agreed a major deal for his client David Beckham to become an ambassador of the Chinese Super League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read