Murray to consult doctor for first time since back surgery
Edinburgh: British tennis ace Andy Murray has revealed that he would be seeing his doctor for the first time since he underwent a surgery for a back injury.
According to The Scotsman, the Wimbledon champion told his fans on Twitter that he would visit medical professionals to determine whether his back is healing.
The 26-year-old was forced to cancel all of his tennis commitments due to the injury, including the French Open, the report said.
Murray said that he had his fingers crossed that everything was healing properly and hopefully he could start rehab soon.
Dunblane-born Murray hopes to return to action at the Dream Cup in Barbados after surgery two weeks ago, the report added.
The world No 3 has been named alongside Juan Martin del Potro, Nicolas Almagro and Richard Gasquet in the four-man exhibition tournament, which begins on 28 November, the report further said.
Whether he can take part or not depends on him going through a rehabilitation programme following his surgery on a disc to correct the injury, according to the report.
He is expected to join coach Ivan Lendl at a winter training camp in Miami, Florida, next month, where he will focus on preparing for a third grand slam bid at January`s Australian Open, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- CBSE 10th Result 2015: CBSE (cbse.ac.in & cbseresults.ac.in) Class 10 (X Board) Result shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser