Murray, Williams delighted with increase in US Open prize money
Washington: Defending champions Andy Murray and Serena Williams have expressed happiness over United States Tennis Association’s (USTA) decision to increase the prize money for next year’s US Open.
“I`m pleased that the USTA has modified the U.S. Open schedule to include a day of rest between the semifinals and final,” CNN quoted Murray, as saying on the US Open website.
“Together with the prize money increase, it`s good that they`ve taken on board the players`` concerns,” he added.
Williams was also happy with the changes, saying: “Both the prize money increase and the addition of a day of rest are great for the players. These moves make the tournament stronger than it`s ever been for all players.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nepal President to announce Oli government's policies on May 7
- Uttarakhand fire: TMC gives adjournment notice in LS
- S Korea warns of citizens' potential abduction by North
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April