Murray, Williams delighted with increase in US Open prize money
Washington: Defending champions Andy Murray and Serena Williams have expressed happiness over United States Tennis Association’s (USTA) decision to increase the prize money for next year’s US Open.
“I`m pleased that the USTA has modified the U.S. Open schedule to include a day of rest between the semifinals and final,” CNN quoted Murray, as saying on the US Open website.
“Together with the prize money increase, it`s good that they`ve taken on board the players`` concerns,” he added.
Williams was also happy with the changes, saying: “Both the prize money increase and the addition of a day of rest are great for the players. These moves make the tournament stronger than it`s ever been for all players.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred