Murray, Williams delighted with increase in US Open prize money
Washington: Defending champions Andy Murray and Serena Williams have expressed happiness over United States Tennis Association’s (USTA) decision to increase the prize money for next year’s US Open.
“I`m pleased that the USTA has modified the U.S. Open schedule to include a day of rest between the semifinals and final,” CNN quoted Murray, as saying on the US Open website.
“Together with the prize money increase, it`s good that they`ve taken on board the players`` concerns,” he added.
Williams was also happy with the changes, saying: “Both the prize money increase and the addition of a day of rest are great for the players. These moves make the tournament stronger than it`s ever been for all players.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- No friction between Army, CRPF over Pampore operations: Northern Command
- Pakistan cannot 'conquer' Kashmir through war: Hina Rabbani Khar
- Militant killed in J&K encounter in Lolab area
- Facebook Messenger could soon let you undo sent messages
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn