My emotions got the best of me, says Serena Williams
London: Serena Williams, who was seen ranting at the chair umpire during US Open final recently, has finally opened up in defense of her remarks.
The tennis ace was spotted in a rather demure look in the front row of Vera Wang’s Spring 2012 showcase at New York Fashion Week, following which she revealed that her emotions did get the best of her during the outburst.
“My emotions did get the best of me this past weekend when I disagreed with the umpire,” she tweeted.
“It has been a long road to get back to the US Open this year, and I am thankful to have had such a great two weeks in New York,” she added.
She, however, refused to apologise for the tirade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan