My emotions got the best of me, says Serena Williams
London: Serena Williams, who was seen ranting at the chair umpire during US Open final recently, has finally opened up in defense of her remarks.
The tennis ace was spotted in a rather demure look in the front row of Vera Wang’s Spring 2012 showcase at New York Fashion Week, following which she revealed that her emotions did get the best of her during the outburst.
“My emotions did get the best of me this past weekend when I disagreed with the umpire,” she tweeted.
“It has been a long road to get back to the US Open this year, and I am thankful to have had such a great two weeks in New York,” she added.
She, however, refused to apologise for the tirade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey