Nadal beats Ferrer to win seventh Barcelona Open title
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Madrid: Rafa Nadal defeated David Ferrer 7-6 7-5 to clinch the Barcelona Open title for a record 7th time on Sunday.
"Without doubt it was my most difficult match since the start of the clay season," Nadal was quoted as saying by a news agency.
"I think that David more than deserved to win this title and I really wish him the best for the rest of his career," Rafa further added.
David Ferrer who has got only four wins against Nadal in 18 meeting said, “ Rafa is Rafa and he is very good,".
"I have lost four times to him here in the final now but I know I have lost to one of the greats," added the 30-year-old.
"He is a very good player and as a person even better."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city