Nadal-Djokovic French Open semi announced `Best Grand Slam Match of the Year`
Washington: The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) has recognized the French Open semifinal encounter between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic as the Best Grand Slam Match of the Year.
According to TennisWorldUSA.org, Nadal, better known as the `King of Clay,` triumphed in a marathon encounter against his Serbian counterpart, winning 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 6-7(3), 9-7 in a grueling five-set match.
Moreover, the conquest of the Slam by the Spaniard played a huge role in Nadal`s success of clinching the year-ending number one ranking, the report said.
However, Djokovic later went on to win the ATP World Tour Finals event in London, beating Nadal in straight sets in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'