Nadal-Djokovic French Open semi announced `Best Grand Slam Match of the Year`
Washington: The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) has recognized the French Open semifinal encounter between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic as the Best Grand Slam Match of the Year.
According to TennisWorldUSA.org, Nadal, better known as the `King of Clay,` triumphed in a marathon encounter against his Serbian counterpart, winning 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 6-7(3), 9-7 in a grueling five-set match.
Moreover, the conquest of the Slam by the Spaniard played a huge role in Nadal`s success of clinching the year-ending number one ranking, the report said.
However, Djokovic later went on to win the ATP World Tour Finals event in London, beating Nadal in straight sets in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'