Nadal-Djokovic French Open semi announced `Best Grand Slam Match of the Year`
Washington: The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) has recognized the French Open semifinal encounter between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic as the Best Grand Slam Match of the Year.
According to TennisWorldUSA.org, Nadal, better known as the `King of Clay,` triumphed in a marathon encounter against his Serbian counterpart, winning 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 6-7(3), 9-7 in a grueling five-set match.
Moreover, the conquest of the Slam by the Spaniard played a huge role in Nadal`s success of clinching the year-ending number one ranking, the report said.
However, Djokovic later went on to win the ATP World Tour Finals event in London, beating Nadal in straight sets in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II