Nadal needs more time to regain old reputation, says Murray
London: Brit tennis ace Andy Murray has claimed Rafael Nadal must show form of old if he is to spread fear among rivals on his return from injury, adding the Spaniard might take some time to return to his best.
Nadal will on Tuesday begin tennis’s most anticipated comeback since Bjorn Borg dusted off his wooden racket in 1991.
After seven months out with a knee injury, Nadal rejoins the tour as the world No 5, as well as the top seed in low-profile clay court tournaments in Chile, Brazil and Mexico.
Asked whether the returning Nadal would still inspire the same sense of awe in lesser-ranked opponents, Murray replied he doesn’t think straightaway he would be the same player.
Murray added the first weeks you would think people would be expecting Nadal not to be at his highest level, adding they will believe they will be able to upset him.
The US Open champion said over time, that aura comes with winning, confidence, adding if Nadal wins the first two or three tournaments back in South America, that changes and people will be worrying about him getting back to his top form quickly.
Murray added we will just have to see how Nadal does at the tournaments but he will get it back again and he expects him to stay around the top of the game for a few years for sure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues