Nadal pulls out of Swiss Indoors tournament
Johannesburg: World number one Rafael Nadal has pulled out of next week`s Swiss Indoors tournament in Basel, saying that his tiring schedule in recent weeks is the reason for this decision.
According to Sport24, the Spaniard has had a remarkable year, winning 10 titles including the French and US Opens to reclaim his spot as the number one player in the world.
He wrote on his Facebook page that he was sorry to announce that he would not travel to Basel in Switzerland as after some very exhausting weeks, he had to regroup his fitness and his body, adding that he would do his best to come back to the Swiss Indoors next year.
However, the first signs that his demanding season may be starting to take its toll came in his recent tour of China where he was beaten in the final of the China Open by Novak Djokovic and then comprehensively defeated by Juan Martin del Potro in the semi-finals of the Shanghai Masters last week, the report said.
Nadal is expected to return to action at the Paris Masters at the end of the month ahead the season ending World Tour Finals in London in November, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?