Nadal ready for clay after recovering from knee injury
Monte Carlo: Spaniard Rafa Nadal confirmed on Monday he was fit to pursue an eighth consecutive victory at the season`s opening clay court tournament in Monte Carlo after recovering from a recurrent knee injury.
The world number two had his right knee treated before the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami last month, where he reached the last four, but then pulled out of his scheduled semi-final clash against Andy Murray.
Nadal, who has suffered from tendinitis, said on Monday his knee was not painful anymore.
"The knee is well. I`m able to practise in the right condition and that`s the most important thing today," he told a news conference.
"It seems like I`m able to practise with no impediments. But it needs time to see how it is when I play to the top level... when I put all my efforts on the knee."
The six-times French Open winner said he had missed a fortnight`s practice.
"I started practising four days ago, it`s 15 days off without a chance to practise physically because I could not move my knees," he said. "I need to spend time on courts, I need matches."
Nadal, who is aiming for his first title since last year`s French Open, has a bye to the second round and will not be in action until Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up