Nadal, Ronaldo sign Brazil marketing deal
Rio de Janeiro: Tennis world No. 1 Rafael Nadal has signed a deal with the sports marketing agency owned by Brazilian football legend Ronaldo.
Nadal`s management firm Goramendi Siglo XXI has agreed to allow Ronaldo`s company, 9ine non-exclusive image rights for commercial contracts in Brazil, reported Xinhua.
"Nadal is much more than a new partner. He is an idol that we have come to admire for his great talent on the court and for the person that he is. I`m a big fan," Ronaldo said in a statement Thursday.
The Spaniard is a keen supporter of Ronaldo`s former club Real Madrid and the pair renewed acquaintances during last week`s Rio Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter