Nadal, Serena win 2013 Champions of the Champions award
Washington: Serena Williams has won the Women`s Champions of Champions while Rafael Nadal took home the Men"s Champions of Champions award at the L`Equipe`s 2013 Champion des Champions, according to reports.
According to TennisWorldUSA.org, Nadal said that 2013 was one of his difficult years and with the chance to be back, he enjoyed every moment of the year.
Another winner in the tennis community during the ceremony was the reigning Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli who won the French Women`s Champion of the year 2013, the report said.
This is the second time both Nadal and Williams have been honoured by the French publication, the report added.
Nadal won the awards previously in the year 2010 and Serena Williams last year, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report