Nadal tips del Potro to win more Grand Slam titles
Johannesburg: World number one Rafael Nadal has said that Argentine Juan Martin del Potro will achieve more Grand Slam glory after he was handed a tennis lesson by the player in their Shanghai Masters semi-final recently.
According to Sport24, the giant Argentine, who beat Roger Federer in the 2009 US Open final, is the only player since 2005 to win a Grand Slam aside from Nadal, Federer, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray, but he has not reached another final since.
Nadal said that if del Potro plays similar to his level, for sure he is one of the biggest candidates to win a Grand Slam tournament, adding that he was sure the Argentine would win more.
The Spaniard added that it was true that the last three years del Potro played well, but he did not arrive to this level, adding that it was great to see him play again at this very high level.
Del Potro himself, who qualified for next month`s World Tour Finals in London with his victory, said to improve from his current ranking of number five would be tough, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'