Nadal to face Andujar in Rio semis
Spain`s world number one Rafael Nadal is through to the semi-finals of the $1.3 million ATP Rio Open after crushing Joao Sousa of Portugal 6-1, 6-0 in the last eight on Friday.
"I think I played my best match of the week today," said top seed Nadal after a crushing win in 75 minutes kept his run going in what is his first event since losing last month`s Australian Open final.
As he looks to reach his third final in three tournaments this year, he will now face compatriot Pablo Andujar after the eighth seed won 6-1, 6-1 against another Spaniard, Tommy Robredo.
In the other semi-final, Spain`s second seed David Ferrer will come up against Oleksandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH