Nadal to face Andujar in Rio semis
Spain`s world number one Rafael Nadal is through to the semi-finals of the $1.3 million ATP Rio Open after crushing Joao Sousa of Portugal 6-1, 6-0 in the last eight on Friday.
"I think I played my best match of the week today," said top seed Nadal after a crushing win in 75 minutes kept his run going in what is his first event since losing last month`s Australian Open final.
As he looks to reach his third final in three tournaments this year, he will now face compatriot Pablo Andujar after the eighth seed won 6-1, 6-1 against another Spaniard, Tommy Robredo.
In the other semi-final, Spain`s second seed David Ferrer will come up against Oleksandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva