Nadal to play Djokovic at Real`s Bernabeu stadium
Madrid: Novak Djokovic and Rafa Nadal, the world`s top two players, will try to set a record attendance for a tennis match when they face off at Real Madrid`s Bernabeu stadium in July, the club said on Tuesday.
"The objective of this exhibition match is to set a spectator record for a game of tennis, exceeding 80,000," the nine-times European champions said on their website.
The current record for attendance at a tennis match is the 35,681 spectators who witnessed an exhibition between Serena Williams and Kim Clijsters at King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels, Belgium, on July 8, 2010.
The charity event, to be played on July 14, is being organised by the Realmadrid Foundation and the Rafa Nadal Foundation, with the proceeds going to projects developed by both around the world.
Spaniard Nadal is a well-known Real fan while Serbian Djokovic has been a guest of honour at the club`s facilities, and once wore a Real shirt when he walked out for a tennis match at the Madrid Masters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference