Nadal to play Djokovic at Real`s Bernabeu stadium
Madrid: Novak Djokovic and Rafa Nadal, the world`s top two players, will try to set a record attendance for a tennis match when they face off at Real Madrid`s Bernabeu stadium in July, the club said on Tuesday.
"The objective of this exhibition match is to set a spectator record for a game of tennis, exceeding 80,000," the nine-times European champions said on their website.
The current record for attendance at a tennis match is the 35,681 spectators who witnessed an exhibition between Serena Williams and Kim Clijsters at King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels, Belgium, on July 8, 2010.
The charity event, to be played on July 14, is being organised by the Realmadrid Foundation and the Rafa Nadal Foundation, with the proceeds going to projects developed by both around the world.
Spaniard Nadal is a well-known Real fan while Serbian Djokovic has been a guest of honour at the club`s facilities, and once wore a Real shirt when he walked out for a tennis match at the Madrid Masters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened