Nadal to play Djokovic at Real`s Bernabeu stadium
Madrid: Novak Djokovic and Rafa Nadal, the world`s top two players, will try to set a record attendance for a tennis match when they face off at Real Madrid`s Bernabeu stadium in July, the club said on Tuesday.
"The objective of this exhibition match is to set a spectator record for a game of tennis, exceeding 80,000," the nine-times European champions said on their website.
The current record for attendance at a tennis match is the 35,681 spectators who witnessed an exhibition between Serena Williams and Kim Clijsters at King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels, Belgium, on July 8, 2010.
The charity event, to be played on July 14, is being organised by the Realmadrid Foundation and the Rafa Nadal Foundation, with the proceeds going to projects developed by both around the world.
Spaniard Nadal is a well-known Real fan while Serbian Djokovic has been a guest of honour at the club`s facilities, and once wore a Real shirt when he walked out for a tennis match at the Madrid Masters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened