Nadal to play in Rio Open
Rio de Janeiro: World No.2 Rafael Nadal of Spain has confirmed his presence at next year`s inaugural Rio Open tennis tournament, Brazilian tennis officials said.
The ATP 500 event will be played at the Jockey Club Brasileiro in Rio de Janeiro Feb 15-23, reports Xinhua.
It will come almost a year to the day after Nadal won the Brazil Open in Sao Paulo, his first tournament victory after a seven-month injury layoff.
"I am very excited about playing for the first time in Rio de Janeiro," the 13-time Grand Slam winner said.
"I have heard many good things about the city and now I finally have the opportunity to be there."
Nadal, whose ranking fell to No.5 in February, has climbed back to No.2 following his French and US Open victories this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'