Nadal withdraws from Buenos Aires event
Paris: World number one Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from next week`s ATP tournament in Buenos Aires because of a lingering back injury, the Spaniard announced on Thursday.
Nadal posted a video on his official YouTube page, in which he said he had failed to fully recover from the back problem that plagued him during last month`s Australian Open final.
"I wanted to make an announcement that really fills me with sadness. I will not be able to play in the tournament in Buenos Aires," Nadal said.
"Since I came back from the Australian Open with my back injury I have not been able to train.
"It is impossible for me to prepare properly for a tournament as important as Buenos Aires, so very unfortunately I have to take this decision."
The 13-time Grand Slam champion was beaten 6-3, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 by Switzerland`s Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?