Nadal withdraws from Buenos Aires event
Paris: World number one Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from next week`s ATP tournament in Buenos Aires because of a lingering back injury, the Spaniard announced on Thursday.
Nadal posted a video on his official YouTube page, in which he said he had failed to fully recover from the back problem that plagued him during last month`s Australian Open final.
"I wanted to make an announcement that really fills me with sadness. I will not be able to play in the tournament in Buenos Aires," Nadal said.
"Since I came back from the Australian Open with my back injury I have not been able to train.
"It is impossible for me to prepare properly for a tournament as important as Buenos Aires, so very unfortunately I have to take this decision."
The 13-time Grand Slam champion was beaten 6-3, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 by Switzerland`s Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad