Nadal withdraws from Buenos Aires event
Paris: World number one Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from next week`s ATP tournament in Buenos Aires because of a lingering back injury, the Spaniard announced on Thursday.
Nadal posted a video on his official YouTube page, in which he said he had failed to fully recover from the back problem that plagued him during last month`s Australian Open final.
"I wanted to make an announcement that really fills me with sadness. I will not be able to play in the tournament in Buenos Aires," Nadal said.
"Since I came back from the Australian Open with my back injury I have not been able to train.
"It is impossible for me to prepare properly for a tournament as important as Buenos Aires, so very unfortunately I have to take this decision."
The 13-time Grand Slam champion was beaten 6-3, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 by Switzerland`s Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts