Nadal withdraws from Buenos Aires event
Paris: World number one Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from next week`s ATP tournament in Buenos Aires because of a lingering back injury, the Spaniard announced on Thursday.
Nadal posted a video on his official YouTube page, in which he said he had failed to fully recover from the back problem that plagued him during last month`s Australian Open final.
"I wanted to make an announcement that really fills me with sadness. I will not be able to play in the tournament in Buenos Aires," Nadal said.
"Since I came back from the Australian Open with my back injury I have not been able to train.
"It is impossible for me to prepare properly for a tournament as important as Buenos Aires, so very unfortunately I have to take this decision."
The 13-time Grand Slam champion was beaten 6-3, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 by Switzerland`s Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir