National anthem row: Court dismisses cases against Sania Mirza
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has dismissed three complaints against tennis star Sania Mirza for allegedly showing disrespect to the national anthem.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Sita Ram dismissed the complaints, which were clubbed into one, as the complainants did not appear before the court.
The cases were pending since November 8, 2008.
During a function, Mirza had allegedly stood with her hands behind her back while the national anthem was being played.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership