National anthem row: Court dismisses cases against Sania Mirza
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has dismissed three complaints against tennis star Sania Mirza for allegedly showing disrespect to the national anthem.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Sita Ram dismissed the complaints, which were clubbed into one, as the complainants did not appear before the court.
The cases were pending since November 8, 2008.
During a function, Mirza had allegedly stood with her hands behind her back while the national anthem was being played.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog