New tennis tournament opened in China
Sanya (China): The ITF Women`s Circuit Tournament opened here at the Sanya Tennis Centre on Saturday.
The tournament attracted more than 60 players from 15 countries and regions such as China, the United States, Russia, Australia and Thailand, reports Xinhua.
The tournament will last eight days. Karolina Pliskova from the Czech Republic is the top seed.
It is the third time for Sanya to host the tournament. The prize category this year has been upgraded to $50,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'