Newly crowned Oz Open champ Azarenka ‘hungry’ for more
Melbourne: Newly crowned World No.1 tennis ace Victoria Azarenka is now looking forward to winning many more Grand Slam titles.
She routed Maria Sharapova 6-3, 6-0 in the Australian Open finals to win her maiden Grand Slam title, a daily reports.
She has won four out of 10 career titles on clay and also qualified for the French Open quarter-finals and subsequently the Wimbledon semi- finals in 2011.
"I played really good on clay and on grass last year. I had great results and I had great results on hardcourt. I like to adapt. So I think it`s about preparation and adaptation,” she said.
"Of course, I don`t want to stop here. I have a bigger motivation right now to go out there and to collect those big, big trophies. That self-belief is even bigger right now that I`ve done it and I can go out and do it again. I`m really, really hungry for victories ... I feel like there is no limit, really," she added
Azarenka, who made her WTA Tour debut at just 13, has struggled mentally to deal with all the expectations.
She even considered quitting the sport at just 21 after failing to reach the semi-finals of the 2010 season-ending championships in Doha, but a conversation with her grandmother strengthened her resolve to transform herself physically.
Azarenka has vowed to continue improving "every aspect" of her game.
"People sometimes don`t realise their capacity of what they can do and sometimes they think they can`t do anymore, but you can," Azarenka said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say