Nishikori, Tsonga, Verdasco enter second round of Madrid Open
Johannesburg: Japan`s Kei Nishikori, American John Isner, Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Spaniard Fernando Verdasco have sailed into the second round of the Madrid Open on the men`s side with their respective victories in the opening round.
Nishikori maintained his recent fine form going after winning the Barcelona Open last week with a 6-4, 6-4 win over Croatian Ivan Dodig to set up a meeting with Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in the second round.
According to Sport24, ninth-seeded Isner defeated Russia`s Teymuraz Gabashvili while Tsonga faced a stiffer test against fellow Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin, but also came through in three sets 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
Meanwhile, Verdasco beat Italian Andreas Seppi 6-3, 7-6 (7/3) to enter the second round, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning