Nishikori, Tsonga, Verdasco enter second round of Madrid Open
Johannesburg: Japan`s Kei Nishikori, American John Isner, Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Spaniard Fernando Verdasco have sailed into the second round of the Madrid Open on the men`s side with their respective victories in the opening round.
Nishikori maintained his recent fine form going after winning the Barcelona Open last week with a 6-4, 6-4 win over Croatian Ivan Dodig to set up a meeting with Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in the second round.
According to Sport24, ninth-seeded Isner defeated Russia`s Teymuraz Gabashvili while Tsonga faced a stiffer test against fellow Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin, but also came through in three sets 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
Meanwhile, Verdasco beat Italian Andreas Seppi 6-3, 7-6 (7/3) to enter the second round, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi