Nishikori, Tsonga, Verdasco enter second round of Madrid Open
Johannesburg: Japan`s Kei Nishikori, American John Isner, Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Spaniard Fernando Verdasco have sailed into the second round of the Madrid Open on the men`s side with their respective victories in the opening round.
Nishikori maintained his recent fine form going after winning the Barcelona Open last week with a 6-4, 6-4 win over Croatian Ivan Dodig to set up a meeting with Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in the second round.
According to Sport24, ninth-seeded Isner defeated Russia`s Teymuraz Gabashvili while Tsonga faced a stiffer test against fellow Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin, but also came through in three sets 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
Meanwhile, Verdasco beat Italian Andreas Seppi 6-3, 7-6 (7/3) to enter the second round, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA