No. 1 Wozniacki beats King in US Open`s 3rd round
New York: Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki beat 103rd-ranked Vania King 6-2, 6-4 at the U.S. Open on Saturday to reach the fourth round for the ninth time in the past 10 Grand Slam tournaments.
Wozniacki was broken in the opening game, but broke right back to take control. She was the runner-up at the 2009 U.S. Open and still seeks her first major championship.
King is a 22-year-old American who splits time between California and Florida. She fell to 0-16 in matches against players ranked in the top 10. She won women`s doubles titles at the U.S. Open and Wimbledon last year, but she`s never made it past the third round at a Grand Slam tournament in singles.
She made 39 unforced errors against Wozniacki, who played her usual brand of steady tennis and made only 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love