No. 1 Wozniacki beats King in US Open`s 3rd round
New York: Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki beat 103rd-ranked Vania King 6-2, 6-4 at the U.S. Open on Saturday to reach the fourth round for the ninth time in the past 10 Grand Slam tournaments.
Wozniacki was broken in the opening game, but broke right back to take control. She was the runner-up at the 2009 U.S. Open and still seeks her first major championship.
King is a 22-year-old American who splits time between California and Florida. She fell to 0-16 in matches against players ranked in the top 10. She won women`s doubles titles at the U.S. Open and Wimbledon last year, but she`s never made it past the third round at a Grand Slam tournament in singles.
She made 39 unforced errors against Wozniacki, who played her usual brand of steady tennis and made only 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state