No. 1 Wozniacki beats King in US Open`s 3rd round
New York: Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki beat 103rd-ranked Vania King 6-2, 6-4 at the U.S. Open on Saturday to reach the fourth round for the ninth time in the past 10 Grand Slam tournaments.
Wozniacki was broken in the opening game, but broke right back to take control. She was the runner-up at the 2009 U.S. Open and still seeks her first major championship.
King is a 22-year-old American who splits time between California and Florida. She fell to 0-16 in matches against players ranked in the top 10. She won women`s doubles titles at the U.S. Open and Wimbledon last year, but she`s never made it past the third round at a Grand Slam tournament in singles.
She made 39 unforced errors against Wozniacki, who played her usual brand of steady tennis and made only 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan