No. 3 Azarenka into semifinals at Australian Open
Melbourne: Third-seeded Victoria Azarenka reached the Australian Open semifinals when she held her nerve despite trouble with her serve in a 6-7 (0), 6-0, 6-2 win over No. 8 Agnieszka Radwanska on Tuesday.
It was only her second win in six Grand Slam quarterfinals. She`s never gone further than the semis, and next meets the winner of Tuesday`s later match between No. 1-ranked Caroline Wozniacki and defending champion Kim Clijsters.
The 22-year-old Belarusian extended her winning streak this season to 10 matches, including a title at Sydney where she beat Radwanska in the semifinals.
Azarenka had six double-faults and made 38 unforced errors, but overcame her wobbles with some powerful groundstrokes among her 39 winners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy