Not distracted by threat of losing No.1 ranking to Nadal: Djokovic

Last Updated: Friday, October 4, 2013 - 11:45

Johannesburg: World No. 1 Novak Djokovic has said that he is not distracted by the threat of losing his number one ranking to Spanish player Rafael Nadal despite a `lack of concentration`.

According to Sport24, the top seed in Beijing remained on course to reclaim the title he won last year after he defeated Fernando Verdasco 7-5, 2-6, 6-2, while women`s top-ranked player Serena Williams also made it into the last eight.

The Serb`s status as the world number one men`s player is under attack from the second seed in Beijing, Rafael Nadal, who has already made it to the last eight, and only needs to reach the final to claim the top spot, the report said.

Djokovic said that he tried to do what he needed to do and that was to win matches, adding that rankings would change all the time as they been over the years and he was not thinking much about it.

ANI



First Published: Friday, October 4, 2013 - 12:44

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus