Not distracted by threat of losing No.1 ranking to Nadal: Djokovic
Johannesburg: World No. 1 Novak Djokovic has said that he is not distracted by the threat of losing his number one ranking to Spanish player Rafael Nadal despite a `lack of concentration`.
According to Sport24, the top seed in Beijing remained on course to reclaim the title he won last year after he defeated Fernando Verdasco 7-5, 2-6, 6-2, while women`s top-ranked player Serena Williams also made it into the last eight.
The Serb`s status as the world number one men`s player is under attack from the second seed in Beijing, Rafael Nadal, who has already made it to the last eight, and only needs to reach the final to claim the top spot, the report said.
Djokovic said that he tried to do what he needed to do and that was to win matches, adding that rankings would change all the time as they been over the years and he was not thinking much about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie