Not distracted by threat of losing No.1 ranking to Nadal: Djokovic
Johannesburg: World No. 1 Novak Djokovic has said that he is not distracted by the threat of losing his number one ranking to Spanish player Rafael Nadal despite a `lack of concentration`.
According to Sport24, the top seed in Beijing remained on course to reclaim the title he won last year after he defeated Fernando Verdasco 7-5, 2-6, 6-2, while women`s top-ranked player Serena Williams also made it into the last eight.
The Serb`s status as the world number one men`s player is under attack from the second seed in Beijing, Rafael Nadal, who has already made it to the last eight, and only needs to reach the final to claim the top spot, the report said.
Djokovic said that he tried to do what he needed to do and that was to win matches, adding that rankings would change all the time as they been over the years and he was not thinking much about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- French President Francois Hollande rejects opposition calls to harden terror laws
- Apple talks services amid drop in iPhone sales, profit
- Apple quarterly profit slides 27% to $7.8 billion
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'