Not distracted by threat of losing No.1 ranking to Nadal: Djokovic
Johannesburg: World No. 1 Novak Djokovic has said that he is not distracted by the threat of losing his number one ranking to Spanish player Rafael Nadal despite a `lack of concentration`.
According to Sport24, the top seed in Beijing remained on course to reclaim the title he won last year after he defeated Fernando Verdasco 7-5, 2-6, 6-2, while women`s top-ranked player Serena Williams also made it into the last eight.
The Serb`s status as the world number one men`s player is under attack from the second seed in Beijing, Rafael Nadal, who has already made it to the last eight, and only needs to reach the final to claim the top spot, the report said.
Djokovic said that he tried to do what he needed to do and that was to win matches, adding that rankings would change all the time as they been over the years and he was not thinking much about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi