Not distracted by threat of losing No.1 ranking to Nadal: Djokovic
Johannesburg: World No. 1 Novak Djokovic has said that he is not distracted by the threat of losing his number one ranking to Spanish player Rafael Nadal despite a `lack of concentration`.
According to Sport24, the top seed in Beijing remained on course to reclaim the title he won last year after he defeated Fernando Verdasco 7-5, 2-6, 6-2, while women`s top-ranked player Serena Williams also made it into the last eight.
The Serb`s status as the world number one men`s player is under attack from the second seed in Beijing, Rafael Nadal, who has already made it to the last eight, and only needs to reach the final to claim the top spot, the report said.
Djokovic said that he tried to do what he needed to do and that was to win matches, adding that rankings would change all the time as they been over the years and he was not thinking much about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi