Novak Djokovic crashes out, vows no return to blue clay
Zeenews Sports Bureau
World number one Novak Djokovic vowed not to play again on the controversial blue-clay court after a 7-6 (2), 6-3 defeat to Janko Tipsarevic in the quarterfinal at the Madrid Open.
After his defeat to Fernando Verdasco, Rafael Nadal said he wouldn`t return unless the tournament reverts to red clay on Thursday.
"I want to forget this week as soon as possible and move on to the real clay courts," Djokovic said. "Here you can`t predict the ball bounce or movement. They can do whatever they want, but I won`t be here next year if this clay stays."
It was Tipsarevic`s second win in five matches against Djokovic. He will now play either Roger Federer or fifth-seeded David Ferrer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof