Novak Djokovic defeats Rafael Nadal to win fourth Miami crown
Miami: Six time Grand Slam title winner Novak Djokovic claimed his fourth Miami Masters title with a dominating straight sets win over world number one Rafael Nadal on Sunday.
Second seed Djokovic cruised to a 6-3, 6-3 win over Nadal in the men`s final of the combined WTA and ATP Tour tournament.
Djokovic, who benefitted from two walkovers in the tournament, didn`t drop a set winning his third Miami title in four years and fourth in total to add to triumphs in 2007, 2011, and 2012.
Thirteen time major winner Nadal was looking for his maiden win in Miami after losing in the final in 2011, 2009 and 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj