Novak Djokovic defeats Rafael Nadal to win fourth Miami crown
Miami: Six time Grand Slam title winner Novak Djokovic claimed his fourth Miami Masters title with a dominating straight sets win over world number one Rafael Nadal on Sunday.
Second seed Djokovic cruised to a 6-3, 6-3 win over Nadal in the men`s final of the combined WTA and ATP Tour tournament.
Djokovic, who benefitted from two walkovers in the tournament, didn`t drop a set winning his third Miami title in four years and fourth in total to add to triumphs in 2007, 2011, and 2012.
Thirteen time major winner Nadal was looking for his maiden win in Miami after losing in the final in 2011, 2009 and 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets