Novak Djokovic defeats Roger Federer in ATP World Tour final
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: World no. 1 Novak Djokovic walked away with the season ending ATP World Tour finals trophy by beating second ranked Roger Federer in London on Monday.
The Serb recovered after conceding points in both sets to beat Federer 7-6 (6), 7-5.
Federer broke Djokovic`s serve to take a quick 2-0 lead in the first set, and then again to open to the second, but both times the Nole bounced back.
"It`s not the first time that Roger starts against me so well," Djokovic was quoted as saying by a news agency.
"I`ve experienced before his aggressivity, really trying to put his mark on the match. It`s what he`s done again."
Federer conceded that indeed his opponent had the better of him and it didn’t matter whether he was in the lead.
"Maybe a bit of regret because I had the lead twice first before him. At the end of the day, that doesn`t matter. You have to get over the finish line in the set and then obviously at the match. He was better at that today."
"It`s best way to finish the match, I guess, with a passing shot, one of my favorite shots," Djokovic said.
"He came in. That was the only space left for me to make a passing shot, and I made it."
"I shouldn`t have been broken as often as I was broken today," said Federer, who lost his serve twice in each set.
"But then again, that obviously has something to do with Novak, as well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued