Novak Djokovic defeats Roger Federer in ATP World Tour final
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: World no. 1 Novak Djokovic walked away with the season ending ATP World Tour finals trophy by beating second ranked Roger Federer in London on Monday.
The Serb recovered after conceding points in both sets to beat Federer 7-6 (6), 7-5.
Federer broke Djokovic`s serve to take a quick 2-0 lead in the first set, and then again to open to the second, but both times the Nole bounced back.
"It`s not the first time that Roger starts against me so well," Djokovic was quoted as saying by a news agency.
"I`ve experienced before his aggressivity, really trying to put his mark on the match. It`s what he`s done again."
Federer conceded that indeed his opponent had the better of him and it didn’t matter whether he was in the lead.
"Maybe a bit of regret because I had the lead twice first before him. At the end of the day, that doesn`t matter. You have to get over the finish line in the set and then obviously at the match. He was better at that today."
"It`s best way to finish the match, I guess, with a passing shot, one of my favorite shots," Djokovic said.
"He came in. That was the only space left for me to make a passing shot, and I made it."
"I shouldn`t have been broken as often as I was broken today," said Federer, who lost his serve twice in each set.
"But then again, that obviously has something to do with Novak, as well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant