Novak Djokovic rallies to beat Marin Cilic
World number two Novak Djokovic rallied against red-hot Marin Cilic, beating the Croatian 1-6, 6-2, 6-3 on Wednesday to reach the quarter-finals of the Indian Wells ATP Masters.
Cilic, who won two tournaments and reached the final of another in February, raced to a 5-0 lead against the former world number one from Serbia in just 20 minutes and wrapped up the first set in less than half an hour.
But Djokovic, who won the Indian Wells title in 2008 and 2011, kept his cool, and didn`t face a break point in taking the second and third sets.
In the quarter-finals Djokovic will face France`s Julien Benneteau, who beat Spaniard Feliciano Lopez 6-3, 7-6 (7/4).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'