Novak Djokovic rallies to beat Marin Cilic
World number two Novak Djokovic rallied against red-hot Marin Cilic, beating the Croatian 1-6, 6-2, 6-3 on Wednesday to reach the quarter-finals of the Indian Wells ATP Masters.
Cilic, who won two tournaments and reached the final of another in February, raced to a 5-0 lead against the former world number one from Serbia in just 20 minutes and wrapped up the first set in less than half an hour.
But Djokovic, who won the Indian Wells title in 2008 and 2011, kept his cool, and didn`t face a break point in taking the second and third sets.
In the quarter-finals Djokovic will face France`s Julien Benneteau, who beat Spaniard Feliciano Lopez 6-3, 7-6 (7/4).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report