Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams maintain top spots in tennis rankings
Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic maintained the top spot in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) men's singles rankings released on Monday with 14,265 points.
Madrid: Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic maintained the top spot in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) men's singles rankings released on Monday with 14,265 points.
Scotland's Andy Murray got jumped to second after beating Djokovic 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 in Montreal on Sunday, pushing Swiss Roger Federer down to third.
Serena Williams also held on to the lead in Women's Tennis Association (WTA) women's singles rankings with 11,821 points.
Serena stands far ahead of her closest competitor, Russia's Maria Sharapova with 6,036 points followed by Romanian Simona Halep in third place, reported EFE.
Czech player Lucie Safarova moved up to sixth while her compatriot Karolina Pliskova took her place, up to seventh.
The top-10 women's singles rankings
1. Serena Williams (US) 11,821 points
2. Maria Sharapova (Russia) 6,036
3. Simona Halep (Romania) 5,546
4. Petra Kvitova (Czech) 4,995
5. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 4,735
6. Lucie Safarova (Czech) 3,361
7. Karolina Pliskova (Czech) 3,335
8. Garbine Muguruza (Spain) 3,315
9. Ana Ivanovic (Serbia) 3,311
10. Carla Suarez (Spain) 3,190.
Men's singles top-10:
1. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 14,265 points
2. Andy Murray (Scotland) 8,660
3. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 8,065
4. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 6,385
5. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 5,575
6. Tomas Berdych (Czech) 5,140
7. David Ferrer (Spain) 3,695
8. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 3,680
9. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 3,505
10. Milos Raonic (Canada) 2,925.