Now second seed Sharmada bites dust at National Tennis Ch`ship
New Delhi: Experienced campaigner Isha Lakhani sent second seed Sharmada Balu packing from the women`s singles event while Vishnu Vardhan and Yuki Bhmabri scored victories in the men`s event of the Fenesta National tennis championship on Wednesday.
Isha, a diminutive left-hander, edged past Sharmada 6-4, 6-4 in her second round match.
The former champion, who no more plays on ITF Circuit, will next face Sheethal Goutham, who got the better of Uttar Pradesh girl Shreya Pasricha 6-2, 6-3.
"I have nothing to lose at all. I entered the tournament wanting to enjoy myself. I am doing that," Isha said after her match.
Meanwhile, giant killer Rutuja Bhosale continued her good run with a 6-2, 6-0 demolition of Delhi`s Nehal Sahni.
On Tuesday, Rutuja had shocked top seed Prerna Bhambri.
In the girls` under-18 event, Rutuja beat Likitha Shetty 6-0, 6-4.
Indian Davis Cupper Vardhan brushed aside the challenge of Ronak Manuja 6-2, 6-1.
"It has been going smooth so far, I haven`t had to do much," he said after his match.
Vardhan next takes on SV Abhishek, who beat Kunal Anand in a long-drawn affair 2-6, 7-6 (3), 6-1 in his second round.
In the bottom of the draw, Yuki took time before settling down to beat Lakshit Sood 6-2, 6-4. The Delhi teenager Yuki is now up against Ankit Sachdeva.
In another interesting match, Saketh Myneni outlasted PC Vignesh 6-1, 4-6, 6-4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?