Olympics tennis: Roger Federer, Azarenka retain top spot
London: Swiss great Roger Federer and Belarus`s Victoria Azarenka hung on to their top spot in the world tennis rankings released Monday.
In the men`s ATP rankings, the top ten remained unchanged except for Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro moving from ninth to eighth after winning bronze at the Olympics.
London Games` runner-up Federer retained the top spot, while Britain`s gold medallist Andy Murray remained fourth.
Second place at the London Olympics for Russia`s Maria Sharapova allowed her to retain the second spot in the new WTA world rankings, dropping Agnieszka Radwanska down to third.
The rest of the top ten was unchanged as Serena Williams, who demolished Sharapova in Saturday`s final 6-0, 6-1, stayed fourth while Belarus` Victoria Azarenka retained the top spot after beating Russia`s Maria Kirilenko in the bronze medal match.
Kirilenko moved up from 15th to 14th and took the Russian No. 2 ranking from Vera Zvonareva, who dropped two places to 15th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months