Olympics tennis: Roger Federer, Azarenka retain top spot
London: Swiss great Roger Federer and Belarus`s Victoria Azarenka hung on to their top spot in the world tennis rankings released Monday.
In the men`s ATP rankings, the top ten remained unchanged except for Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro moving from ninth to eighth after winning bronze at the Olympics.
London Games` runner-up Federer retained the top spot, while Britain`s gold medallist Andy Murray remained fourth.
Second place at the London Olympics for Russia`s Maria Sharapova allowed her to retain the second spot in the new WTA world rankings, dropping Agnieszka Radwanska down to third.
The rest of the top ten was unchanged as Serena Williams, who demolished Sharapova in Saturday`s final 6-0, 6-1, stayed fourth while Belarus` Victoria Azarenka retained the top spot after beating Russia`s Maria Kirilenko in the bronze medal match.
Kirilenko moved up from 15th to 14th and took the Russian No. 2 ranking from Vera Zvonareva, who dropped two places to 15th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Protests in Manipur over unsolved murders
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: We are investigating former IAF chief SP Tyagi's bank accounts, asset details, says CBI
- WATCH: Unbelievable cricket moment- Batsman scores 18 runs off 1 ball!
- Syrian conflict in many ways out of control, warns John Kerry
- Rupee falls 11 paise to 66.44 Vs US dollar