Olympics tennis: Roger Federer, Azarenka retain top spot
London: Swiss great Roger Federer and Belarus`s Victoria Azarenka hung on to their top spot in the world tennis rankings released Monday.
In the men`s ATP rankings, the top ten remained unchanged except for Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro moving from ninth to eighth after winning bronze at the Olympics.
London Games` runner-up Federer retained the top spot, while Britain`s gold medallist Andy Murray remained fourth.
Second place at the London Olympics for Russia`s Maria Sharapova allowed her to retain the second spot in the new WTA world rankings, dropping Agnieszka Radwanska down to third.
The rest of the top ten was unchanged as Serena Williams, who demolished Sharapova in Saturday`s final 6-0, 6-1, stayed fourth while Belarus` Victoria Azarenka retained the top spot after beating Russia`s Maria Kirilenko in the bronze medal match.
Kirilenko moved up from 15th to 14th and took the Russian No. 2 ranking from Vera Zvonareva, who dropped two places to 15th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Kerry warns North Korea of `real consequences` for weapons programme
- Chinese army bans Hong Kong`s Pokemon players from barracks
- NASA's OSIRIS-REx spacecraft to map surface of asteroid 'Bennu' – Watch video!
- Swanky new Deen Dayal coaches for unreserved Rail passengers –Check out pics
- Five youth killed as car overturns on Pune-Mumbai Expressway