Olympics tennis: Roger Federer, Azarenka retain top spot
London: Swiss great Roger Federer and Belarus`s Victoria Azarenka hung on to their top spot in the world tennis rankings released Monday.
In the men`s ATP rankings, the top ten remained unchanged except for Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro moving from ninth to eighth after winning bronze at the Olympics.
London Games` runner-up Federer retained the top spot, while Britain`s gold medallist Andy Murray remained fourth.
Second place at the London Olympics for Russia`s Maria Sharapova allowed her to retain the second spot in the new WTA world rankings, dropping Agnieszka Radwanska down to third.
The rest of the top ten was unchanged as Serena Williams, who demolished Sharapova in Saturday`s final 6-0, 6-1, stayed fourth while Belarus` Victoria Azarenka retained the top spot after beating Russia`s Maria Kirilenko in the bronze medal match.
Kirilenko moved up from 15th to 14th and took the Russian No. 2 ranking from Vera Zvonareva, who dropped two places to 15th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested