One time`cow on ice`Sharapova in perplexed state after second French Open win
Johannesburg: Russian tennis ace Maria Sharapova said that she feels that she is in a perplexed state after claiming her second French Open title at Roland Garros.
Sharapova, who beat Romania`s Simona Halep 6-4, 6-7 (5-7), 6-4, said that she did find it bizarre that she won on clay of the Ronald Garros what she had once described her early outings on clay as being akin to `a cow on ice.`
According to Sport24, Sharapova said if somebody had told her that she would have more Roland Garros titles than any other Grand Slam, she would probably have gotten drunk or asked the person to get drunk.
The Russian said it is really amazing and she feels that she worked to get to this position and there is nothing else.
Sharapova said there is no substitute in winning the major titles, adding that one cannot just go out there and just do it without putting in the effort, putting in the work.
Sharapova added that one is not just born being a natural clay court player, maybe if one is Rafael Nadal then it is so, but certainly not her as she did not grow up on it, did not play on it.
The Russian further added that she just took it upon herself to make herself better on it and there is no one else that was going to do that for her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress