Paes-Dlouhy advance, Bhupathi-Mirnyi crash out
Rome: India`s Leander Paes and Czech Lukas Dlouhy advanced to the men`s doubles quarterfinals while Mahesh Bhupathi and Belarusian Max Mirnyi crashed out of the second round in the 2,750,000 euros Rome Masters tennis.
Third-seeded Paes and Dlouhy were given a walkover by Croat Ivan Ljubicic and Frenchman Michael Llodra, who withdrew because of a side strain to Ljubicic here Friday.
The Indo-Czech pair next plays seventh seeded duo of Poland`s Lukasz Kubot and Oliver Marach of Austria.
Meanwhile, fourth seeds Bhupathi and Mirnyi went down fighting to Americans John Isner and Sam Querrey 2-6, 7-6(5), 6-10.
Isner and Querrey now plays Swiss wildcard pair of Roger Federer and Yves Allegro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre