Paes-Dlouhy advance, Bhupathi-Mirnyi crash out
Rome: India`s Leander Paes and Czech Lukas Dlouhy advanced to the men`s doubles quarterfinals while Mahesh Bhupathi and Belarusian Max Mirnyi crashed out of the second round in the 2,750,000 euros Rome Masters tennis.
Third-seeded Paes and Dlouhy were given a walkover by Croat Ivan Ljubicic and Frenchman Michael Llodra, who withdrew because of a side strain to Ljubicic here Friday.
The Indo-Czech pair next plays seventh seeded duo of Poland`s Lukasz Kubot and Oliver Marach of Austria.
Meanwhile, fourth seeds Bhupathi and Mirnyi went down fighting to Americans John Isner and Sam Querrey 2-6, 7-6(5), 6-10.
Isner and Querrey now plays Swiss wildcard pair of Roger Federer and Yves Allegro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Incessant rains lash Mumbai; heavy spells predicted in 48 hours
- Over one million sign UK petition for second EU vote
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!
- Subramanian Swamy's reply to Robert Vadra: 'Concentrate on staying out of jail`
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!