Paes-Dlouhy, Bhupathi-Knowles in pre-quarters of Rome Masters
Rome: Seasoned Indian pros Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have advanced to the second round of the ATP Masters event along with their respective partner after getting a first-round bye.
Paes and his Czech partner Lukas Dlouhy, seeded third, now await the winner of match between Ivan Ljubicic/Michael Llodra and Julian Knowle/Andy Ram.
Bhupathi and Mark Knowles of Bahamas, seeded eighth, will take on the winner of the match between Simone Bolelli/Potito Starace and Igor Andreev/Mikhail Youzhny.
Both the Indian players have done well in the elite Masters series events in the recent past.
Bhupathi and Knowles have two runners-up finish to their credit in the Masters events this season.
Last week, they lost the final of the Monte Carlo Masters and before that they had ended runners-up to Paes and Dlouhy at the Miami Masters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie