Paes-Dlouhy, Bhupathi-Knowles in pre-quarters of Rome Masters
Rome: Seasoned Indian pros Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have advanced to the second round of the ATP Masters event along with their respective partner after getting a first-round bye.
Paes and his Czech partner Lukas Dlouhy, seeded third, now await the winner of match between Ivan Ljubicic/Michael Llodra and Julian Knowle/Andy Ram.
Bhupathi and Mark Knowles of Bahamas, seeded eighth, will take on the winner of the match between Simone Bolelli/Potito Starace and Igor Andreev/Mikhail Youzhny.
Both the Indian players have done well in the elite Masters series events in the recent past.
Bhupathi and Knowles have two runners-up finish to their credit in the Masters events this season.
Last week, they lost the final of the Monte Carlo Masters and before that they had ended runners-up to Paes and Dlouhy at the Miami Masters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?