Paes-Dlouhy, Bhupathi-Knowles in pre-quarters of Rome Masters
Rome: Seasoned Indian pros Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have advanced to the second round of the ATP Masters event along with their respective partner after getting a first-round bye.
Paes and his Czech partner Lukas Dlouhy, seeded third, now await the winner of match between Ivan Ljubicic/Michael Llodra and Julian Knowle/Andy Ram.
Bhupathi and Mark Knowles of Bahamas, seeded eighth, will take on the winner of the match between Simone Bolelli/Potito Starace and Igor Andreev/Mikhail Youzhny.
Both the Indian players have done well in the elite Masters series events in the recent past.
Bhupathi and Knowles have two runners-up finish to their credit in the Masters events this season.
Last week, they lost the final of the Monte Carlo Masters and before that they had ended runners-up to Paes and Dlouhy at the Miami Masters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says