Paes-Dlouhy, Bhupathi-Knowles in pre-quarters of Rome Masters
Rome: Seasoned Indian pros Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have advanced to the second round of the ATP Masters event along with their respective partner after getting a first-round bye.
Paes and his Czech partner Lukas Dlouhy, seeded third, now await the winner of match between Ivan Ljubicic/Michael Llodra and Julian Knowle/Andy Ram.
Bhupathi and Mark Knowles of Bahamas, seeded eighth, will take on the winner of the match between Simone Bolelli/Potito Starace and Igor Andreev/Mikhail Youzhny.
Both the Indian players have done well in the elite Masters series events in the recent past.
Bhupathi and Knowles have two runners-up finish to their credit in the Masters events this season.
Last week, they lost the final of the Monte Carlo Masters and before that they had ended runners-up to Paes and Dlouhy at the Miami Masters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on