Paes-Dlouhy in QFs of UNICEF Open
New Delhi: Top seeds Leander Paes and Lukas Dlouhy laboured to the doubles quarterfinals of the UNICEF Open with a hard earned win over Florent Serra and Kristof V Liegen in s`Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands.
The Indo-Czech pair quelled a late challenge from the French-Belgian pair for a 6-1, 6-7(5), 10-6 win in the opening round of the euro 450,000 grass court event.
They will next take on either Colombian pair of Alejandro Falla and Santiago Girlado or Dutch wild card entrants Thiemo De Bakker and Robin Hasse.
Another Indian in the fray is Rohan Bopanna, who has teamed up with Pakistan`s Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi and will play their first round match against Americans Eric Butorac and Rajeev Ram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical