Paes-Dlouhy in QFs of UNICEF Open
New Delhi: Top seeds Leander Paes and Lukas Dlouhy laboured to the doubles quarterfinals of the UNICEF Open with a hard earned win over Florent Serra and Kristof V Liegen in s`Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands.
The Indo-Czech pair quelled a late challenge from the French-Belgian pair for a 6-1, 6-7(5), 10-6 win in the opening round of the euro 450,000 grass court event.
They will next take on either Colombian pair of Alejandro Falla and Santiago Girlado or Dutch wild card entrants Thiemo De Bakker and Robin Hasse.
Another Indian in the fray is Rohan Bopanna, who has teamed up with Pakistan`s Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi and will play their first round match against Americans Eric Butorac and Rajeev Ram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves