Paes-Melzer beat Bhupathi-Bopanna, enter quarters
Monte Carlo: Tennis players Leander Paes and Jurgen Melzer overcame Indian duo and sixth seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna to advance to the quarterfinals of the men`s doubles of the Monte Carlo Masters here on Thursday.
The Indo-Austrian pair took 57 minutes to defeat Bhupathi-Bopanna 6-2, 6-3 at the 1000-point ATP clay-court tournament.
Paes-Melzer broke their opponents thrice out of the nine opportunities they got in comparison to the Indian pairings` zero conversion rate out of two chances.
Paes-Melzer broke twice in the first set, once in the second, and held on to their service games to advance in the competition.
They will next face top seeds Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday