Paes-Melzer beat Bhupathi-Bopanna, enter quarters
Monte Carlo: Tennis players Leander Paes and Jurgen Melzer overcame Indian duo and sixth seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna to advance to the quarterfinals of the men`s doubles of the Monte Carlo Masters here on Thursday.
The Indo-Austrian pair took 57 minutes to defeat Bhupathi-Bopanna 6-2, 6-3 at the 1000-point ATP clay-court tournament.
Paes-Melzer broke their opponents thrice out of the nine opportunities they got in comparison to the Indian pairings` zero conversion rate out of two chances.
Paes-Melzer broke twice in the first set, once in the second, and held on to their service games to advance in the competition.
They will next face top seeds Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015