Paes-Melzer beat Bhupathi-Bopanna, enter quarters
Monte Carlo: Tennis players Leander Paes and Jurgen Melzer overcame Indian duo and sixth seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna to advance to the quarterfinals of the men`s doubles of the Monte Carlo Masters here on Thursday.
The Indo-Austrian pair took 57 minutes to defeat Bhupathi-Bopanna 6-2, 6-3 at the 1000-point ATP clay-court tournament.
Paes-Melzer broke their opponents thrice out of the nine opportunities they got in comparison to the Indian pairings` zero conversion rate out of two chances.
Paes-Melzer broke twice in the first set, once in the second, and held on to their service games to advance in the competition.
They will next face top seeds Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details