Paes-Nestor ousted, Bopanna-Edouard in Paris Masters quarters
Paris: Fifth seeds Rohan Bopanna and Edouard Roger-Vasselin booked a quarter-final berth in the ATP Paris Masters but Leander Paes and Daniel Nestor were ousted after a straight sets defeat, here.
Bopanna and his French partner defeated American pair of John Isner and Nicholas Monroe 7-6(2) 7-5 after one hour and 13 minutes.
There was no break of serve in the opening set as the Americans saved all four break chances while Indo-French team saved the only chance they faced and then prevailed in the tie breaker.
In the second set too, Bopanna and Roger Vasselin created a lot of opportunities. The Americans saved four chances but could not stop Indo-French team from converting another and that sealed their fate.
In the other second round match, seventh seeds Leander Paes and Daniel Nestor lost 4-6 3-6 to Mexico`s Santiago Gonzalez and American Scott Lipsky in just 55 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach