Paes-Nestor ousted, Bopanna-Edouard in Paris Masters quarters
Paris: Fifth seeds Rohan Bopanna and Edouard Roger-Vasselin booked a quarter-final berth in the ATP Paris Masters but Leander Paes and Daniel Nestor were ousted after a straight sets defeat, here.
Bopanna and his French partner defeated American pair of John Isner and Nicholas Monroe 7-6(2) 7-5 after one hour and 13 minutes.
There was no break of serve in the opening set as the Americans saved all four break chances while Indo-French team saved the only chance they faced and then prevailed in the tie breaker.
In the second set too, Bopanna and Roger Vasselin created a lot of opportunities. The Americans saved four chances but could not stop Indo-French team from converting another and that sealed their fate.
In the other second round match, seventh seeds Leander Paes and Daniel Nestor lost 4-6 3-6 to Mexico`s Santiago Gonzalez and American Scott Lipsky in just 55 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence