Paes-Nestor ousted, Bopanna-Edouard in Paris Masters quarters
Paris: Fifth seeds Rohan Bopanna and Edouard Roger-Vasselin booked a quarter-final berth in the ATP Paris Masters but Leander Paes and Daniel Nestor were ousted after a straight sets defeat, here.
Bopanna and his French partner defeated American pair of John Isner and Nicholas Monroe 7-6(2) 7-5 after one hour and 13 minutes.
There was no break of serve in the opening set as the Americans saved all four break chances while Indo-French team saved the only chance they faced and then prevailed in the tie breaker.
In the second set too, Bopanna and Roger Vasselin created a lot of opportunities. The Americans saved four chances but could not stop Indo-French team from converting another and that sealed their fate.
In the other second round match, seventh seeds Leander Paes and Daniel Nestor lost 4-6 3-6 to Mexico`s Santiago Gonzalez and American Scott Lipsky in just 55 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port