Paes-Stepanek bow out of Aegon International
Eastbourne: Playing their first tournament together in five months, third seeds Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek suffered an upset defeat against Jamie Murray and John Peers in the quarter-finals of the Aegon International.
The Indo-Czech combination had began well but lost 6-1 3-6 5-10 to British-Australian combination in the last-eight stage of the euro 468,460 grass court event, a warm up for Wimbledon.
It was first time Paes and Stepanek were playing together since competing in Australian Open in January.
A neck injury, which required surgery to heal, had forced Stepanek out of action.
They have been seeded fourth at the Wimbledon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes