Paes-Stepanek in final of Japan Open
Tokyo: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek outplayed Daniele Bracciali and Frantisek Cermak in straight sets to storm into final of the ATP Japan Open, here today.
The top seeded Indo-Czech pair defeated the Italian-Czech combination scored a comfortable 6-3 6-1 in one hour and three minutes in the semifinals of the USD 1,280,565 hard court event.
Paes has won three titles this season out of which two (Australian Open and Miami Masters) have come with Stepanek.
The veteran Indian had won the Chennai Open with Janko Tipsarevic.
Paes and Stepanek did not face a single breakpoint in the entire match.
They broke their rivals one time in the opening set and thrice in the second to win.
They will take on the winner of the others semifinal match between the pairs of Tomas Berdych/Nenad Zimonjic and Alexander Peya/Bruno Soares.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing