Paes-Stepanek in final of Japan Open
Tokyo: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek outplayed Daniele Bracciali and Frantisek Cermak in straight sets to storm into final of the ATP Japan Open, here today.
The top seeded Indo-Czech pair defeated the Italian-Czech combination scored a comfortable 6-3 6-1 in one hour and three minutes in the semifinals of the USD 1,280,565 hard court event.
Paes has won three titles this season out of which two (Australian Open and Miami Masters) have come with Stepanek.
The veteran Indian had won the Chennai Open with Janko Tipsarevic.
Paes and Stepanek did not face a single breakpoint in the entire match.
They broke their rivals one time in the opening set and thrice in the second to win.
They will take on the winner of the others semifinal match between the pairs of Tomas Berdych/Nenad Zimonjic and Alexander Peya/Bruno Soares.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India-born Sanjeev Gupta's Liberty House to bid for Tata Steel UK on Tuesday
- Deepika Padukone NOT in Salman Khan film?
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!