Paes-Stepanek in semis of Japan Open
Tokyo: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek overcame a second-set lapse to defeat Andy and Jamie Murray and enter the semifinals of the ATP Japan Open, here today.
The top seeded Indo-Czech pair defeated the British brothers pair 6-4 3-6 10-2 in one hour and 17 minutes in the quarterfinals of the USD 1,280,565 hard court event.
Paes and Stepanek saved a break chance in the opening set and converted one of five chances to nose ahead.
They continued their profligate ways, squandering all the our break chances and allowed the rivals to comeback when they failed to save one chance on their own serve.
However, they outplayed the Britons in the Super tie-breaker, winning it comfortably to pocket the match.
They face Daniele Bracciali and Frantisek Cermak in the last-four teams stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing