Paes-Stepanek in semis of Japan Open
Tokyo: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek overcame a second-set lapse to defeat Andy and Jamie Murray and enter the semifinals of the ATP Japan Open, here today.
The top seeded Indo-Czech pair defeated the British brothers pair 6-4 3-6 10-2 in one hour and 17 minutes in the quarterfinals of the USD 1,280,565 hard court event.
Paes and Stepanek saved a break chance in the opening set and converted one of five chances to nose ahead.
They continued their profligate ways, squandering all the our break chances and allowed the rivals to comeback when they failed to save one chance on their own serve.
However, they outplayed the Britons in the Super tie-breaker, winning it comfortably to pocket the match.
They face Daniele Bracciali and Frantisek Cermak in the last-four teams stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant