Paes-Stepanek in semis of Japan Open
Tokyo: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek overcame a second-set lapse to defeat Andy and Jamie Murray and enter the semifinals of the ATP Japan Open, here today.
The top seeded Indo-Czech pair defeated the British brothers pair 6-4 3-6 10-2 in one hour and 17 minutes in the quarterfinals of the USD 1,280,565 hard court event.
Paes and Stepanek saved a break chance in the opening set and converted one of five chances to nose ahead.
They continued their profligate ways, squandering all the our break chances and allowed the rivals to comeback when they failed to save one chance on their own serve.
However, they outplayed the Britons in the Super tie-breaker, winning it comfortably to pocket the match.
They face Daniele Bracciali and Frantisek Cermak in the last-four teams stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon