Paes-Stepanek ousted from Rogers Cup
Montreal: Fourth seeds Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek suffered a second-round defeat at the hands of Andy Murray and Colin Fleming as Indian challenge ended at the Rogers Cup, here.
The Indo-Czech team squandered five break chances as they lost 3-6 3-6 to the British pair in the second round of the USD 2,887,085 hard court event.
Rohan Bopanna and Andre Begemann have already exited while Sania Mirza and her new Chinese partner Jie Zheng also lost in the second round of the WTA event at the same tournament.
Paes and Stepanek had two chances in the first set and three in the second but could convert none. On the other hand, Murray and Fleming capitalised on the chances they got.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends