Paes-Stepanek ousted from Rogers Cup
Montreal: Fourth seeds Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek suffered a second-round defeat at the hands of Andy Murray and Colin Fleming as Indian challenge ended at the Rogers Cup, here.
The Indo-Czech team squandered five break chances as they lost 3-6 3-6 to the British pair in the second round of the USD 2,887,085 hard court event.
Rohan Bopanna and Andre Begemann have already exited while Sania Mirza and her new Chinese partner Jie Zheng also lost in the second round of the WTA event at the same tournament.
Paes and Stepanek had two chances in the first set and three in the second but could convert none. On the other hand, Murray and Fleming capitalised on the chances they got.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report