Paes-Stepanek out of Indian Wells
Indian Wells (USA): Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek`s campaign in the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament came to an end after they lost 6-3, 7-6(5) to Spain`s Rafael Nadal and Marc Lopez here.
The Indo-Czech pair had come to this match after defeating Juan Monaco and Kei Nishikori in the previous round yesterday.
The Spanish pair took one hour and 43 minutes to knock out the Australian Open men`s doubles winners.
Paes and Stepanek were poor on serve as they won just six points from their second serve, giving away 10 break points to the unseeded duo.
Rohan Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi were earlier knocked out in the first round.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?