Paes-Stepanek out of Indian Wells
Indian Wells (USA): Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek`s campaign in the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament came to an end after they lost 6-3, 7-6(5) to Spain`s Rafael Nadal and Marc Lopez here.
The Indo-Czech pair had come to this match after defeating Juan Monaco and Kei Nishikori in the previous round yesterday.
The Spanish pair took one hour and 43 minutes to knock out the Australian Open men`s doubles winners.
Paes and Stepanek were poor on serve as they won just six points from their second serve, giving away 10 break points to the unseeded duo.
Rohan Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi were earlier knocked out in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city