Paes-Stepanek suffer crushing defeat in Monaco
Monaco: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek were routed 2-6, 0-6 by top seeds Mike and Bob Bryan as the Indian challenge ended at the ATP Monaco Masters, here.
The crushing defeat of the fifth seeded Indo-Czech pair came about in just 50 minutes in the quarter-final contest.
The two break chances that Paes and Stepanek got, went abegging even as they surrendered their own serve five times in the match.
Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna had already bowed out of the event after losing their second round match 4-6, 4-6 to Viktor Troicki and Stanislas Wawrinka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter