Paes-Stepanek win, Bhupathi-Bopanna combine lose
Indian Wells (USA): Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek progressed to the pre-quarterfinals of the ATP Masters event here but Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna suffered a a shock first round defeat.
Seventh seeds Paes and Stepanek outplayed unseeded Spaniards David Ferrer and Albert Ramos 6-3, 6-3 in their opening round.
However, fifth seeds Bhupathi and Bopanna, who had recently won Dubai Open, lost 4-6, 3-6 to Julien Benneteau and Jo-wilfried Tsonga in their first round match.
Paes and Stepanek, the Australian Open champions, await winners of the other first round match between the pairs of Eric Butorac and Bruno Soares and Juan Monaco and Kei Nishikori.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what