Paes-Tecau pair in quarter-finals of Thailand Open
Bangkok: Leander Paes and Horia Tecau overcame a stiff resistance from the Dutch pair of Robin Haase and Jean-Julien Rojer to progress to the quarter-finals of the ATP Thailand Open, here today.
The top seeded Indo-Japanese pair recorded a hard-fought 6-4 7-5 win over their unseeded rivals in one hour and 23 minutes in the opening round of the USD 551,000 hard court tournament.
They next face Serbian Janko Tipsarevic and Alexander Waske of Germany.
Saving a breakpoint and converting one on the rivals` serve put the top-seeded pair ahead.
The second set was also a close affair as Paes and Tecau dropped their serve once but negated that by breaking the opponents twice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?