Paes-Tecau pair in quarter-finals of Thailand Open
Bangkok: Leander Paes and Horia Tecau overcame a stiff resistance from the Dutch pair of Robin Haase and Jean-Julien Rojer to progress to the quarter-finals of the ATP Thailand Open, here today.
The top seeded Indo-Japanese pair recorded a hard-fought 6-4 7-5 win over their unseeded rivals in one hour and 23 minutes in the opening round of the USD 551,000 hard court tournament.
They next face Serbian Janko Tipsarevic and Alexander Waske of Germany.
Saving a breakpoint and converting one on the rivals` serve put the top-seeded pair ahead.
The second set was also a close affair as Paes and Tecau dropped their serve once but negated that by breaking the opponents twice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users