Paes to partner Roger-Vasselin in Chennai Open
Chennai: Doubles World No.3 and defending champion Leander Paes of India will pair up with Edouard Roger-Vasselin from France for the 2013 edition of the Chennai Open which is to be held at the SDAT Tennis Stadium from Dec 31 to Jan 6.
Paes would be looking to complete a hat-trick here following the 2011 and 2012 titles he won with Mahesh Bhupathi and Janko Tipsarevic, respectively.
Paes has had a good run in 2012, winning four titles including the Australian Open and reaching the finals in Tokyo and US Open. He has won six titles in the 17 editions of the tournament here so far.
For the 29-year-old French Roger-Vasselin, 2012 has been a landmark year, having won three doubles titles, he reached a career-best doubles ranking of 38 before finishing the year at 43.
The Frenchman will be pairing up with Paes for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!