Paramveer, Akshara clinch titles in contrasting fashions
Mumbai: Paramveer Singh Bajwa and Akshara Iska bagged the boys and girls under-16 titles in the 7th Ramesh Desai Memorial All India Ranking tennis tournament in contrasting style here on Saturday.
Bajwa, the third seed from Punjab, brooked hardly any resistance from his Delhi rival Alex Solanki, seeded fourth, and won the boys final in straight sets at the Cricket Club of India.
But the corresponding top seeded girl Akshara of AP, ranked third in the country, had to dig deep into her reserves to quell the stubborn challenge of 13th seeded rival Nandini Sharma of Chandigarh, who is India no. 24, in three sets after a prolonged two hour and 45-minute battle.
Results (all finals):
Boys under 12 singles: 3-Terence Prahil Das (TN) bt 4-Sacchitt Sharrma (DL) 6-1, 7-5.
Girls under 12 singles: 2-Prinkle Singh (JK) bt 1-Dedeepya Sai (AP) 6-1, 6-1.
Boys under 16 singles: 3-Paramveer Singh Bajwa (PB) bt 4-Alex Solanki (DL) 6-4, 6-1.
Girls under 16 singles: 1-Akshara Iska (AP) bt 13-Nandini Sharma (CH) 1-6, 7-5, 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security