Pavlyuchenkova wins Portugal Open
Oeiras (Portugal): Russian tennis player Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova won her second WTA title in the space of a month, defeating Carla Suarez Navarro in the final of the Portugal Open here.
The 7-5, 6-2 win Saturday continues a successful season for the World No.19, who has appeared in three finals this season, winning last month`s Monterrey Open and losing in Brisbane in January.
The win over Suarez Navarro, ranked 23rd, extended Pavlyuchenkova’s unbeaten record against the Spaniard to five meetings. Pavlyuchenkova, 21, has won five career titles on the WTA Tour while Suarez Navarro has lost all five of the finals she has played in.
The Portugal Open, formerly known as the Estoril Open, is a clay-court WTA International event offering a prize fund of USD 235,000 for the women and USD 410,200 for the men’s competition.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory