Pavlyuchenkova wins Portugal Open
Oeiras (Portugal): Russian tennis player Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova won her second WTA title in the space of a month, defeating Carla Suarez Navarro in the final of the Portugal Open here.
The 7-5, 6-2 win Saturday continues a successful season for the World No.19, who has appeared in three finals this season, winning last month`s Monterrey Open and losing in Brisbane in January.
The win over Suarez Navarro, ranked 23rd, extended Pavlyuchenkova’s unbeaten record against the Spaniard to five meetings. Pavlyuchenkova, 21, has won five career titles on the WTA Tour while Suarez Navarro has lost all five of the finals she has played in.
The Portugal Open, formerly known as the Estoril Open, is a clay-court WTA International event offering a prize fund of USD 235,000 for the women and USD 410,200 for the men’s competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...