Pavlyuchenkova wins Portugal Open
Oeiras (Portugal): Russian tennis player Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova won her second WTA title in the space of a month, defeating Carla Suarez Navarro in the final of the Portugal Open here.
The 7-5, 6-2 win Saturday continues a successful season for the World No.19, who has appeared in three finals this season, winning last month`s Monterrey Open and losing in Brisbane in January.
The win over Suarez Navarro, ranked 23rd, extended Pavlyuchenkova’s unbeaten record against the Spaniard to five meetings. Pavlyuchenkova, 21, has won five career titles on the WTA Tour while Suarez Navarro has lost all five of the finals she has played in.
The Portugal Open, formerly known as the Estoril Open, is a clay-court WTA International event offering a prize fund of USD 235,000 for the women and USD 410,200 for the men’s competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore