Petkovic injured, to miss Australian Open
Canberra: Germany`s Andrea Petkovic suffered a knee injury at the ongoing Hopman Cup and will miss next month`s Australian Open.
The former top 10 player left the court in tears as she retired from her opening singles match at the mixed teams tournament here Saturday due to a knee problem, reports Xinhua.
She just won the first set against Australian teenager Ashleigh Barty.
According to her twitter Sunday, Petkovic has ruptured the meniscus in the knee for the second time in as many years.
"So it`s a rupture of the meniscus, back to Germany as soon as possible for an arthroscopy," she tweeted.
The 25-year-old will return to Germany for rehabilitation after withdrawing from the Hopman Cup, where she was partnering veteran Tommy Haas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?