Petkovic injured, to miss Australian Open
Canberra: Germany`s Andrea Petkovic suffered a knee injury at the ongoing Hopman Cup and will miss next month`s Australian Open.
The former top 10 player left the court in tears as she retired from her opening singles match at the mixed teams tournament here Saturday due to a knee problem, reports Xinhua.
She just won the first set against Australian teenager Ashleigh Barty.
According to her twitter Sunday, Petkovic has ruptured the meniscus in the knee for the second time in as many years.
"So it`s a rupture of the meniscus, back to Germany as soon as possible for an arthroscopy," she tweeted.
The 25-year-old will return to Germany for rehabilitation after withdrawing from the Hopman Cup, where she was partnering veteran Tommy Haas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok