Petkovic injured, to miss Australian Open
Canberra: Germany`s Andrea Petkovic suffered a knee injury at the ongoing Hopman Cup and will miss next month`s Australian Open.
The former top 10 player left the court in tears as she retired from her opening singles match at the mixed teams tournament here Saturday due to a knee problem, reports Xinhua.
She just won the first set against Australian teenager Ashleigh Barty.
According to her twitter Sunday, Petkovic has ruptured the meniscus in the knee for the second time in as many years.
"So it`s a rupture of the meniscus, back to Germany as soon as possible for an arthroscopy," she tweeted.
The 25-year-old will return to Germany for rehabilitation after withdrawing from the Hopman Cup, where she was partnering veteran Tommy Haas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer
- NEET Ordinances get President's assent, decks cleared for UG medical admissions by states
- Subhash Chandra steps down as chairman of Zee Media
- DNA samples taken as searchers hunt for EgyptAir plane
- Salt had more value than gold in ancient times – Know why!
- HC reserves order on pleas for staying cases on LG's powers