Petkovic injured, to miss Australian Open
Canberra: Germany`s Andrea Petkovic suffered a knee injury at the ongoing Hopman Cup and will miss next month`s Australian Open.
The former top 10 player left the court in tears as she retired from her opening singles match at the mixed teams tournament here Saturday due to a knee problem, reports Xinhua.
She just won the first set against Australian teenager Ashleigh Barty.
According to her twitter Sunday, Petkovic has ruptured the meniscus in the knee for the second time in as many years.
"So it`s a rupture of the meniscus, back to Germany as soon as possible for an arthroscopy," she tweeted.
The 25-year-old will return to Germany for rehabilitation after withdrawing from the Hopman Cup, where she was partnering veteran Tommy Haas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion