Petkovic pulls out of Australian Open
Melbourne: Germany`s top-ranked tennis player Andrea Petkovic has pulled out of next week`s Australian Open grand slam tournament with a stress fracture, organisers said on Wednesday.
"Don`t like to be the bearer of bad news, but Petkovic has withdrawn," tournament director Craig Tiley tweeted.
Tenth seed Petkovic`s withdrawal came shortly after seven-times grand slam winner Venus Williams pulled out, also citing health reasons.
Williams has been receiving treatment for Sjogren`s syndrome, an auto-immune disease that causes fatigue and joint soreness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued